The MAXIMA Fellows and Internship Program offers individuals a rare opportunity to come to Cambodia for research study or witness firsthand the impact and realities of microfinance, by working directly with a MAXIMA microfinance institution. The MAXIMA Fellow is an unpaid, volunteer based position designed to assist and improve the MAXIMA operational, financial and managerial performances and to offer participants a unique insider experience. Past participants have found the fellowship to be a great first step in a career in microfinance or international development.
Individuals with backgrounds in finance, management, business or consulting are encouraged to apply. Applicants with experience in international development or South East Asia are also highly valued.
Maxima Microfinance Plc. is seeking a Financial Consultant Volunteer to aid management in various financial and accounting related tasks. The position will involve working closely with the Executive Management Team to help develop and refine budgets and financial plans, risk management and monitoring policies, accounting and audit procedures, as well as the potential need for investment valuation skills and term sheet reviews. MAXIMA is looking for a commitment of 2 to 6 months.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed a 4 year degree program. Preferably in finance or business management
- High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and problem solving
- Enthusiasm for microfinance
- Familiarity with basic principles of budgeting, financial projections, and investment valuation
- Willingness to learn about the microfinance industry
- Knowledge of business best practices and qualities of a strong corporate governance structure
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- CFA or CFA Candidacy a plus
- MBA a plus
- CPA or other accounting designation a plus
- Overseas experience in developing countries a plus
Interested candidates please submit CV and a brief description of how you would like to be involved with MAXIMA to: firstname.lastname@example.org.